The Amherst Shotokan Karate Academy will reopen classes starting July 7th.
Class times will be Tuesdays & Thursdays from 6-7pm
We will be implementing a few things to maintain the health & safety for our members that choose to attend class.
- Students encouraged to wear gi to and from training.
- Students may wear masks to training if they wish to do so.
- Students to bring own water bottles.
- Students/persons in the Dojo upon entering clean/sanitize hands. We have a contactless dispenser located just inside the door.
- Students may wear yoga socks (grip on the sole) or martial art shoes on the tatami. (Optional)
- Contact surfaces will be cleaned before and after classes
- Practise good hygiene
- Sanitize your hands before and after class
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue. Dispose used tissues in the garbage and wash your hands or use the sanitizer immediately after.
- If you don’t have a tissue, cough and sneeze into your elbow, not your hand.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home if you’re sick, especially if you have a fever or a new cough
- Zoom class will also continue but format will change to focus on those that attend in person.
- We will discuss other modifications/procedures in-class.